How To & Tips
It Works Wraps How To & Tips
I put together a list of It Works Wraps tips that have worked for me personally. It is MANDATORY for you to follow to get the absolute BEST results when using the wraps. See my it works body wrap results. Do not skim this page, and do not select what steps you feel like doing. FOLLOW ALL STEPS EXACTLY WORD FOR WORD. I don’t want to hear that you had no results, but you followed this page exactly, and then come to find out you skipped steps out of laziness. Please keep in mind that 4 wraps on the SAME body area is considered a FULL TREATMENT. If you have more than one area to target, you will need additional boxes for each.
There is no reason the wraps will not work if you adhere to the below:
It Works Wraps Tips
- Before doing anything, take photos of the area you intend to wrap, both front and side views. Make sure that the photos are CLEAR, not tilted, appropriate distance from the mirror, pants are down low enough and not covering any pooch or belly, etc. You will WANT these for after. This is not optional. I didn’t even realize how much my body changed because I see myself every day. When I put my before and after photos side by side, I was in shock. See some examples of My It Works Wraps before and after pictures
- Take a hot shower right before applying the wrap (you need it to open the pores). Do NOT use any soap or lotion as these can block pores and keep the lotion from properly absorbing. This is especially true of anything Dove related since it’s super moisturizing. My suggestion? Just stand in the shower and let the hot water open your pores. NO washing the area you are going to wrap. You can also exfoliate the area with a loofah or washcloth but don’t overdo it.
Applying It Works Wrap
- Apply the It Works wrap to desired area with the lotion side on your skin. To keep it in place, wrap over the wrap with It Works Fab Wrap, an ace bandage or saran wrap and then cover with a tight shirt, shapewear, one piece bathingsuit, etc. That’s it!
How Long To Wear It Works Wraps
- Leave the wrap on for a MINIMUM of 45 minutes to a MAXIMUM of 8 hours. Most people wear it for 3-4 hours. You can also sleep in it, just as long as it does not go past the 8 hours, of course.
- While wearing the body wrap, drink 1-2 bottles of water. Unless you are sleeping with it on overnight, then not a big deal.
What To Do After You Wrap
- There will be lotion leftover on the area to which you applied when you take the body wrap off. DO NOT WIPE OFF. Rub the remaining lotion into your skin until it’s gone. Your skin will feel moist and moderately tacky.
- Immediately take your photos again, and continue taking them each morning over the next 3 days. Make sure your photos are CLEAR, in the same positions as your before photos, clothing is not covering any part of your body that needs to be seen, and the distance is the same from the mirror as your before photos. MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL CONSISTENT WITH YOUR BEFORE PHOTOS. When you go back to view your before and after photos, please make sure not to just scroll through your cell phone. You won’t be able to actually see the difference that way. Use an app like “picstitch” and put them SIDE BY SIDE, before any wraps, and then the after.
- Drink at least ½ your body weight in ounces of water THE DAY YOU WRAP & EACH DAY for the next 3 days. Example: Drink 100 ounces of water if you weigh 200 lbs (That’s approximately 6 bottled waters) NO EXCUSES. If you don’t see results, you didn’t drink enough water.
- Stay away from fatty foods, coffee (even decaf), tea, soda, sugar, smoking (of any kind), alcohol, etc. during this time also. Like I’ve mentioned many times on this site already… you don’t want to have the It Works Body Wraps do their job and give you great results, and then turn around and ruin it by eating like crap. Please read the what to eat guide.
- DO NOT exercise while wearing the body wrap OR the same day you wrap. This is NOT a wrap that makes you sweat out water weight. The lotion needs to completely get into your skin. You can exercise the next 3 days though.
- DO NOT shower immediately after removing the wrap. I suggest waiting until the next day to shower.
It Works Wrap Results
- RESULTS! 95% of people will have results on the first body wrap. If you don’t, please check to make sure you did everything mentioned above. Be sure to use all 4 wraps on the SAME body area before deciding on whether or not you had results. Please do not use one wrap and then contact me saying it didn’t work. The results and time frames are completely dependent on the individual, body size, type, chemistry, diet and lifestyle, amount of junk in the body, and how slow or fast the body wants to react to the ingredients in the wrap. You can see great results after just one wrap — and others may not see anything until using additional wraps. It’s important to always remember that 4 wraps (1 box) on the SAME body area is what is considered a full treatment.
- Smoking can and will lessen the results. Also, if you are on any medications or it is that time of the month, the wrap will not give results due to water retention, so if you are going to use it, time accordingly.
- DO NOT apply another wrap until at LEAST 72 hours later. The botanical-blend in one wrap continues to work over the course of 3 days, and results get progressively better during this time.
- Wrap one area at a time only. It Works Wraps are intended to be applied to one area at a time. Arms can be wrapped at the same time by cutting one wrap in half. Depending on the size of your legs, you can choose to cut one in half, or use one full wrap per leg. You cannot wrap your arms and legs at the same time. Legs separately, arms separately, and stomach separately. Not any of them together.